The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- JPMorgan Chase sued Tesla for $162.2 million, accusing the electric car company of “flagrantly” breaching a contract related to stock warrants after its share price soared.
- The UK cost of living has surged at its fastest pace in almost 10 years with inflation hitting 4.2% in the year to October.
- Oil prices fell sharply on Friday towards $78 a barrel as a fresh surge in COVID-19 cases in Europe threatened to slow the economic recovery, while investors also weighed a potential release of crude reserves by major economies to calm down prices.
- EUR/USD slipped back below 1.1300 on Friday morning as a speech from European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde and new lockdown measures in Austria weighed on the single currency.
- UK Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) to be released on November 23rd, forecasted to be 56.3
- U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to be released on November 24th, forecasted to be 2.1%.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel