The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- On Tuesday, German police raided the headquarters of Deutsche Bank and its asset management subsidiary DWS, in an investigation of alleged greenwashing. Shortly after, DWS said its CEO Asoka Wöhrmann was stepping down.
- The aviation industry is struggling to cope with the rise in demand for travel amid a severe staffing shortage which has led to hundreds of flight cancellations among easyJet, Tui Airways and Wizz Air.
- Shanghai ended it’s 2-month lockdown on 1st However, the easing of the curbs applies only to those in low-risk areas.
- The S&P 500 fell Friday on dears that a stronger job market would embolden the Federal Reserve to continue on its rate hike path. The US economy created 390,000 jobs in May, beating economists’ forecast for 325,000 jobs.
- Elon Musk startled investors on Friday with a warning on the economy and plans to cut Tesla’s workforce, joining a growing list of companies that have dialled back hiring amid decades-high inflation and fallout from the Ukraine crisis.
- A vote of confidence in Boris Johnson will be held by Conservative MPs from 6pm to 8pm, 6th June.
- Eurozone interest rate decision to be released on 9th June.
- U.S. CPI (YOY) to be released on 10th June, forecasted to be 8.3%.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel