The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- Russia will cut off the gas to Poland and Bulgaria in a major escalation in the standoff between Moscow and Europe over energy supplies and the war in Ukraine.
- Elon Musk sold about $4 billion worth of Tesla Inc. stock after securing a blockbuster $44 billion deal to buy Twitter Inc. In anticipation Tesla stock fell 12% on Tuesday, wiping roughly $126 billion off its market capitalisation.
- Apple Inc predicted that supply constrains would cost $4 billion to $8 billion in revenue during the current quarter, a warning that sent the shares tumbling by 2.4% and renewing fears that supply-chain problems aren’t going away.
- Amazon shares have also fallen sharply this week by around 8% following the company’s reported Q1 results.
- Crude oil prices continued to rise in anticipation of an EU embargo on Russian oil, likely to be announced next week. An emergency meeting of the bloc’s energy ministers has been pencilled in for Monday.
- Fed interest rate decision to be released on 4th May.
- BoE interest rate decision to be released on 5th May.
- U.S. Nonfarm roll and Unemployment data to be released on 6th May.
A View from The Labour Party – Prospects for the Economy and the City
Friday 20th May, 1245-1345
Copia Capital is delighted to announce our next webinar with guest speaker Tulip Siddiq, the Labour MP for Hampstead and Kilburn. As a member of Labour’s Shadow Treasury team, Ms Siddiq will share an outline of Labour’s policies for the economy, the City and for the regulatory environment
To register, please click here.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel