The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- China placed the 17.5million residents of the southern city of Shenzhen into a Covid lockdown for at least a week.
- Nickel trading resumed on Wednesday on the London Metal Exchange, after being suspending for over a week amid historic short squeeze.
- The Federal Reserve raised interest rates by a quarter point and signalled that there will be 6 more increases this year.
- Britain’s P&O Ferries made 800 staff redundant with immediate effect on Thursday, attempting to replace crews with cheaper agency workers instead.
- UK interest rates have increased for the third time (0.25%) in four months as the Bank of England tries to calm the rise in the cost of living.
- UK CPI (YoY) data to be released on the 23rd of March, forecasted to be 5.9%.
- UK annual budget release, 23rd of March.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel