The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- U.S. money market funds saw large outflows in the week to Sept. 15 as risk sentiment improved on the back of eased fears over high inflation and an early tapering of stimulus measures by the FED after data showed a slowing in the pace of consumer price increases.
- The European Commission launched on Thursday a health crisis body that will coordinate EU spending of almost 30 billion euros ($35.3 billion) to prepare for a future pandemic.
- UK inflation jumps to 3.2% in August 2021. Official figures show that the increase in the cost of living, as measured by the Consumer Prices Index, hit 3.2% in the year to August.
- Canada’s annual inflation rate accelerated to 4.1% in August, the highest since 2003, up from a year-over-year increase of 3.7% in July, Statistics Canada said on Wednesday.
Source: Financial Express, Copia Capital Management. See Notice.
- US unemployment claims data to be released on September 23rd.
- German Federal Elections to be held on September 26th.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel