The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- The UK economy grew by 0.4% in August as more people dined out, went on holiday, and attended music festivals.
- Oil prices hit a fresh three-year high on Friday, climbing above $85 a barrel on forecasts of a supply deficit over the next few months as rocketing gas and coal prices stoke a switch to oil products.
- London’s FTSE 100 rose to a near 20-month high on Friday, recovering all losses since the pandemic began, helped by gains in heavyweight oil and banking shares as investors were optimistic about a steady economic recovery.
- Bitcoin hit $60,000 for the first time in six months on Friday, nearing its record high, as traders grew confident that U.S. regulators would approve the launch of an ETF based on its futures contracts.
- Eurozone CPI YOY to be released on October 20th, forecasted to be 3.4%.
- UK CPI YOY to be released on October 20th, forecasted to be 2.9%.
We are delighted to announce that our portfolios are now available on the Funds Network platform, owned and backed by Fidelity International. Please contact your Copia representative if you would like more information.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel