The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- US inflation soars to 7% for the first time since 1982.
- France to ease Covid border controls with UK as Omicron infections approach peak.
- Chinese tech stocks jumped Wednesday, continuing a rollercoaster start to the year as traders seek to anticipate the direction of global monetary policy.
- Eurozone house prices rise at fastest rate on record. Between June and September last year, eurozone house prices rose by an annual rate of 8.8%, according to official Eurostat data.
- On Friday official data showed that Britain’s economy grew strongly in November to finally surpass its size just before the country went into its first COVID-19 lockdown.
- UK CPI (YOY) rate released on January 19th, forecasted to be 5.2%.
- Eurozone CPI (YOY) rate released on January 17th, forecasted to be 4.9%.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel