The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- Oil prices rose on Friday to trade 4% up on the week, buoyed by a global energy crunch that has helped gas prices to record highs and prompted China to demand increased coal production.
- The US’s job creation fell, adding fewer jobs than forecast for a second month in September, signalling weakness in the labour market recovery and complicating a potential decision by the Federal Reserve to begin scaling back monetary support before year end.
- UK house prices post biggest monthly rise since 2007. The cost of an average home was 1.7% higher in September compared with August.
- Tesla plans to move its headquarters from Silicon Valley’s Palo Alto, California to Austin, Texas, where it is building a massive car and battery manufacturing complex.
- US CPI YOY to be released 13th Oct 2021, forecasted to be 4.0%.
- China CPI YOY to be released 13th Oct 2021, forecasted to be 0.9%.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel