The infoshot to help kick-start your week
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson resigns following a chaotic week and over 50 resignations.
- The pound slides to 2-year low against the dollar, trading below $1.19 at one point, amid rising concerns about recession around the world.
- US payrolls increased 372K in June, above the expectation of 250K, as job markets seem to defy recession fears. Andrew Hunter of Capital Economics believes a stronger job market increases the likelihood of Fed’s aggressive rate hikes over the coming months.
- Fed’s Waller and Bullard among the latest to advocate a 75 basis point hike later in July.
- Former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe has died after being shot twice at a political campaign event.
- Eurozone ZEW Economic Sentiment (Jul) released 12th Forecasted to be -38.0 (down from -29.0)
- Three sets of UK GDP figures released 13th July; MoM, QoQ and YoY.
- US initial jobless claims released 14th Previously at 235K but forecasted to increase to 240K.
- US CPI data (Jun) released 13th YoY value forecasted to increase by 0.1%.
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.Open document settingsOpen publish panel