The US announced 10% tariffs on a further $200bn worth of Chinese goods, sparking fresh concerns of a trade war between the US and China.
On Thursday the UK government published the White Paper specifying Brexit proposals intended to keep a frictionless trade flow with the EU, including a free-trade area for goods, national security partnership and a facilitated customs agreement.
On Wednesday, 21st Century Fox, which already owns a 39% stake in Sky, confirmed it will take over the remaining 61%, at a price of £24.5bn or £14 per share.
The Chinese GDP growth will be released Monday 16 July, at an expected rate of 6.7% YoY.
The UK CPI for June will be released Wednesday 18 July and is expected to come in at 2.6% YoY.
A score of -1.0 indicates an extremely poor economic outlook, which is accompanied by a high probability of negative returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer tilts our portfolios away from equities during such periods.
A score of 0 indicates a neutral economic outlook with almost equal probability of positive and negative returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer maintains a balance between equities and other asset classes during such periods.
A score of +1.0 indicates an extremely positive economic outlook, which is accompanied by a high probability of positive returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer tilts our portfolios towards equities during such periods.
*as at latest realignment 30/06/18
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.