- US President Donald Trump called for the much awaited corporate tax cut from 35% to 20% claiming it will make the US more competitive and help the middle class.
- In his speech at the Labour conference in Brighton, party leader, Jeremy Corbyn, described the Labour party as a “government in waiting” and said it was ready for an election.
- Prototype construction has started for President Trump’s proposed wall between the US and Mexico with the president being adamant Mexico will pay for the wall.
- German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, won a fourth term in the German election but her victory was marred by the AfD, a far right party, taking 13% of the vote.
- On Friday 6 October we will have the release of UK Industrial Production, with expectations of an increase of 0.03% MoM.
- Friday 6 October will also see the release of US Non-Farm Payroll data with an expectation of 165K jobs and unemployment rate expected to come in at 4.5%.
A score of -1.0 indicates an extremely poor economic outlook, which is accompanied by a high probability of negative returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer tilts our portfolios away from equities during such periods.
A score of 0 indicates a neutral economic outlook with almost equal probability of positive and negative returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer maintains a balance between equities and other asset classes during such periods.
A score of +1.0 indicates an extremely positive economic outlook, which is accompanied by a high probability of positive returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer tilts our portfolios towards equities during such periods.
*as at latest realignment 12/09/17
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.