- Mario Draghi, the president of the ECB, expressed his concerns about the White House’s pledge to dismantle the Dodd-Frank , citing that reduced financial regulation could lead to another financial crisis.
- The US federal appeals court denied Donald Trump’s bid to reinstate his widely criticised travel ban, to which the President then vowed to appeal in the Supreme Court.
- Greece’s economic minister said he was “optimistic” that Greece could agree a deal with its creditors such that it can fulfil its bailout program, potentially allowing the country to return to bond markets late this year.
- On Friday morning the FTSE 250, the UK’s mid cap index, opened at a record high on the back of positive sentiment in the European stock market.
- On Wednesday 15 we have UK Core CPI YOY, with current expectations at 1.7%.
- On Thursday 16 we will see Initial Jobless Claims released in the US, with prior figures standing at 234k.
A score of -1.0 indicates an extremely poor economic outlook, which is accompanied by a high probability of negative returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer tilits our portfolios away from equities during such periods.
A score of 0 indicates a neutral economic outlook with almost equal probability of positive and negative returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer maintains a balance between equities and other asset classes during such periods.
A score of 1.0 indicates an extremely positive economic outlook, which is accompanied by a high probability of positive returns in risky asset classes like equities. The Risk Barometer tilits our portfolios towards equities during such periods.
*as at latest realignment 31/1/17
The performance of each asset class is represented by certain Exchange Traded Funds available to UK investors and expressed in GBP terms selected by Copia Capital Management to represent that asset class, as reported at previous Thursday 4:30pm UK close. Reference to a particular asset class does not represent a recommendation to seek exposure to that asset class. This information is included for comparison purposes for the period stated, but is not an indicator of potential maximum loss for other periods or in the future.